Lesson #2 The temptations

         Today, as I brought in the mail, I realized there will always be the temptations. Unfortunately, I'm not talking about the rockin' oldies girl band. In one trip to the mailbox, I received a catalogue for Mod Cloth, Toms, & Patagonia. Not only does this speak to my compulsion to sign up for clothing catalogues, it also speaks to the fact that there will always be something new to buy.
         Throughout this year (is it March 2019 yet? No?! Damnit!) of clothing abstinence there will always be something trying to grab my attention and make me buy it. I have spent over a decade, almost constantly, buying and selling clothes. It's like I've had a second job this whole time that I had unwillingly signed up for (and certainly never got paid for).
         There is something so wonderful and refreshing about having NO OPTIONS, even if it's only in one superficial aspect of your life. In my daily life, I make hundreds if not thousands of choices, daily. It is so nice to say no to the temptations because I have no choice in the matter. I dump my catalogues in the recycling bin with glee.   

Comments

Popular Posts